|Celestron Nature DX 8x42 binoculars are the perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure, providing added light gathering power for observing in subdued lighting. |
With phase-coated BaK-4 prisms and fully multi-coated optics, Nature DX reveals image detail you won't find with other entry-level binoculars. And when you're off the trail, enjoy superb views of concerts, sporting events, and more.
Nature DX's high quality BaK-4 prisms are phase coated to increase contrast and resolution. Phase coated prisms, combined with fully multi-coated lenses, provide maximum light transmission through the entire optical path, for brighter images, even in low light conditions.
With 8x magnification and 42 mm objective lenses, Nature DX 8x42 strikes the perfect balance between performance and ease of use. Acquire and follow your subject quickly in the wide field of view. Or, observe nearby subjects like plants and insects with a close focus of just 6.5 feet.
Binoculars that fit your lifestyle
A durable rubber armored, polycarbonate housing protects your Nature DX binoculars from damage without weighing you down. Twist-up eyecups with multiple stops ensure proper positioning of the eyes, even for eyeglass wearers.
Waterproof, fogproof, and nitrogen purged, these binoculars can withstand the elements. They're easy to pack, even for long excursions, and fit comfortably in a glove box or oversized pocket.
Bird watching made easy
Birders will love Nature DX for its bright, sharp views of distinguishing features and markings. You'll get more bird identifications and more enjoyment from each birding outing. The 8x42 model is a favorite among beginning and intermediate birders, since birds are easier to locate and follow in its wide field of view. Take your passion for birding to the next level with Nature DX!
- Designed with the outdoor enthusiast in mind, waterproof and fully rubber armored.
- Phase coated BaK-4 prisms for increased contrast and resolution.
- Fully multi-coated optics provide brighter images by increasing light transmission through the entire optical path.
- Close focus of 6.5 feet for viewing nearby subjects.
- Sturdy, twist-up eyecups with multiple stops. Eyeglass friendly with 17.5 mm of eye relief.
- Objective Lens Diameter (mm): 42 mm
- Magnification (x): 8x
- Angular Field of View: 7.4 degrees
- Exit Pupil (mm): 5.25 mm
- Eye Relief (mm): 17.5 mm
- IPD Max: 74 mm
- IPD Min: 56 mm
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Weight (oz): 22.2 oz (629 g)
- Dimensions LxWxH (in/mm): 5.3" x 4.9" x 2" / 135 mm x 126 mm x 52 mm
- Included Accessories: Neck strap, objective lens caps, rainguard, carrying case, lens cloth, instruction manual
- Prism Glass (Type): BaK-4
- Twilight Factor: 18.33
- Relative Brightness: 27.56
- Waterproof: Yes