|The Losmandy G-11 mount is a high-quality German equatorial mount with a 60-pound instrument capacity. |
This is the mount that many of our more serious imaging customers graduate to once they have exceeded the capabilities of the more entry level mounts.
Losmandy G-11 Mount Specifications
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless-steel hardware.
- One 3.750-inch diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000-inch diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500-inch diameter needle bearings.
- 5.625-inch diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 360 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250-inch diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 6-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment. (6-68 degrees with small modification).
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2-degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degree.
- 5.000-inch diameter laser engraved setting circles, 4-minute R.A., vernier reading to 1 minute / 1 degrees DEC., vernier reading to 0.1 degrees. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 0.5 arc sec. step.
- Dovetail saddle-plate allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly-reduces need for DEC. weights.
- Removable stainless-steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 21 lb counterweight.
- 7 lb and 11 lb extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 60 lbs
- Equatorial head weight 36 lbs
Folding HD TRIPOD
- All machined aluminum, black anodized, powder coated.
- Tripod height, adjustable from 33 inches - 48 inches
- Tripod weight 35 lbs
Drive Electronics: GEMINI 2 GOTO
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and tactile membrane on the rear.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).>
- Control panel dimmer, Day and Night Modes.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Stand Alone System. No PC required
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or Serial Port
- DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- English, German, French & Spanish displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Firmware upgrade via the internet
- Auto Guide Port (TTL)
- Dual 12-18V DC input/output (3.0A)
Interested in purchasing a Losmandy mount of your own? Skies Unlimited carries this Losmandy tripod and other Losmandy mounts in our vast collection. Browse our catalog online today or visit our physical store location to discover your options!
Learn More About Telescope Mounts
Our experienced staff members can get the answers you need. Each one of our team members is an amateur astronomer themselves, and can give you advice backed with vast personal and professional experience in the subject. No matter the question, we’ll give you an answer.
Have questions about what to look for in telescope mounts and whether the Losmandy mount is right for you? Call or visit Skies Unlimited today to speak with one of our staff members at our retail store location just outside of Pottstown, Pa. We’ll drill down to your core requirements and desires and identify the perfect match for your needs. Get started today!